Thursday 14 May 2015

On th Buses

 
 
On The Buses
 
I remember years ago,
I used to work on the busses,
And I was the conductor,
Conductors were the bosses.
letting passengers on and off,
regardless of their class.
 
The 5 a.m. run was one of my favourites,
Full of miners en route to the pit,
All smoking pipes roll ups,
and something in between,
I never found out what they were,
but I think you know what I men.
 
My pet hate was the school run,
the kids were a nightmare,
And they couldn't do their sums,
They used to leave me messages,
on the backs of the seats,
spelt all wrong.
 
The evening shifts were funny
all the passengers like Jekyll and Hyde,
I took them out all sober
and they came back all pie eyed.
 
I should have been the driver,
he always looked so relaxed,
Especially when we went round a bend,
that's when my heavy ticket machine,
hit me in the middle of my back.
 
It was all a big mistake though,
I forgot one important fact,
Travel sick was I
so at the end of every shift
My guts for hours felt like
I had been on a roller coaster ride.
 
John Crook
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment